Evaluation modules related to technology.
The purpose of a Databases module is:
- To provide a tool for analyzing whether a database or a group of databases can be used to implement a given functionality or service.
- To make sure that the information retrieved from databases is correct, up to date and consistent.
- To help to find potential problems with databases and data processing and to solve them.
The purpose of a Feasibility Study is:
- To provide a structured method to focus on problems, identify objectives, evaluate alternatives and aid in the selection of the best solution.
- To improve confidence that the recommended solution is the most viable solution to the problem.
- To assure that projects requiring resources can be done, should be done, and will be delivered/done.
This evaluation module seeks answers to questions like:
- How will the technologies develop during the time period of interest?
- How will the market develop during the time period of interest?
- What are their implications for the service under evaluation?
- How to avoid or mitigate the eventual adverse implications?
Information Security >>
This evaluation module presents and lists the best practises and methods used in evaluating the adequacy and quality of the information security of an information service project, system or service. The document approaches the different information security evaluation components by presenting alternative methods, standards and required directives. The evaluation methods can be used in evaluating all kinds of information systems and telematics projects.
The object of the module is to evaluate the reliability and availability of the technical system supporting a service product as a part of the quality of the service.
System Analysis >>
The goal of the module is to:
User Interface >>
- review the international and domestic architecture method
- go briefly over the structure of the Finnish architecture method
- go briefly over the structure of the European KAREN architecture method
- study briefly the telematics service research and development project V-model
- study the Finnish transport telematics total architecture
- study the example projects in which the Finnish architecture method has been applied
The goal is to connect the acquisition of the evaluation data to development work so that the results of the evaluation can be exploited as well as possible in the design of the system. The evaluation is carried out in order to ensure that the users interaction with the system is optimal.